Tuesday, December 9, 2008

1st Haircut









So we decided not to let his hair grow long and we gave him his first haircut yesterday. It was a mess as he was scooping cut hair into his mouth and trying to take away my scissors. All day today I have seen parts of his hair that are not even but overall I think it was successful. I should have had it done professionally, but I don't think they could have done any better.
Jayden had his one year appointment today and that meant a lot of shots. He has done good so that makes me happy. Colby came to the appointment with me so that he could hold him down, there is only so much a Mom's heart can take and I don't do good with shots. Colby said he would do it as long as he got to be the good guy afterwards, that was OK by me. He weighs 27 lbs. and is 32 1/2 inches long. The Doc said that usually a kid will start slowing down about now so we will see what happens next time. He is getting more active. He now does a little happy dance when he is excited and of course how to shake his head no!








2 comments:

Anne said...

Good job! He looks so grown up now. That first hair cut can be a hard one....it is funny how different they can seem. He looks great, such a cutie. Lucky you on the shot thing. Steven has never been to a checkup with me. I am on my own for the shots!

Kristine said...

Very nice!! He's such a cutie!! cutting their hair is definitely not my favorite thing.. But good job!